Thoughts to consider:
“False Conversions: The Suicide of the Church” by Mark Dever.
- God’s judgment is coming. 2 Peter 3 (e.g. v.7 “By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.”)
- We should be judged; Romans 1-3.(e.g. ch.3, v:10, “As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one;”)
- Our only hope is in Christ. 1 John (e.g. ch. 2, v: , “But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense–Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.”)
- We don’t see the fullness of our salvation in this life. Read Hebrews 11 e.g. v. 39-40 , ” These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect..”)
- We can deceive ourselves and others about our relationship with God. 2 Corinthians 13:5 “Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you–unless, of course, you fail the test?”
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’— Matthew 7:21-23